Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Job 8

Summary: It is the turn of Job's second friend, Bildad. He claims that Job's family was sinning, which is why God killed them, and that Job ought to repent or he'd be killed off, too. After all, he says, God's justice is not unjust; He would not let evil go unpunished, and he certainly would make sure good people are rewarded. 

Response: (Woah, a whole chapter? I can do that?) I know I can let Job tear this apart next chapter, but my word this is savage. "Your dead and not even buried adult children deserved to die because you didn't raise them right enough to not sin." "Your suffering is just because you're not good enough for God to love you." Like how unfeeling do you have to be? And how often have I been that callous? Lord, try me in this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment