Monday, March 8, 2021

Job 7:17-21

Summary: Job asks God some tough questions. Why do you have to watch me all the time? What harm do I do to you if I sin? And if I'm this much trouble to you, can't you just let this pass, one way or another?

Response: One of the most powerful tactics in reprimanding a child (one I have yet to use on mine) is waiting before a talk or defining punishment. The wait is so hard! Can't you just get it over with already! I feel for Job here, not that the losing kids and physical ailment weren't enough already. 

Again, what I see in here is poetry, yes (a lot of saying things twice to get a fuller picture and make things easier to memorize is pretty much the foundation of Jewish poetry), but it describes a very human condition. Lord, help me to open myself up to You. I'm not so perfect that I don't need to show You my fragility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment