Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Job 10:8-22

Summary: Job is trying to reconcile that God lovingly creates him but also seemingly harshly judges and punishes him. He feels trapped, like God is a lion toying with its prey. If life is so short and pointless, he wonders, then why go through the trouble? Why not just go straight from cradle to grave?

Response: Real emotion, check. God handles our biggest questions, check. Dramatic irony, check. Like, what else can I say? Job needs time to get all this out, and it's not like his first two friends have really been any help. I got visibly upset about being late for an appointment yesterday. Do you think I could hold it together for the loss of my earthly possessions, children, and health? No! I'd be a babbling mess. I'm surprised Job can get out the words he can, even the fun Hebrew practice at the end of doubling a word as adjective and noun to emphasize it (the dark darkness). So Lord, thank you for Your patience with me as I blow up over the absolute stupidest things. Give me Your grace, that I can show You to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment