Thursday, March 4, 2021

Job 7:1-10

Summary: Job comments on his experience of life in general. He feels he has had to work hard, expecting rest that never seems to come. The sum total of that work seems to be nothing, vanishing into the ether as soon as it's done. 

Response: On the one hand, it is good to have a slight perspective in this fashion (though this may be a light Puritan work ethic brainwashing still left over in my head): no, love can't all be a bed of roses; and yes, our individual lives are pretty tiny and insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Lord, I still know here in my quiet time that You care for me; help me to remember that (and remember that You love each person I come into contact with today just as much) as I go through my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment