Friday, September 10, 2021

RG: "Why Did Christ Die?"

Summary: Through Romans 5, Joseph Heath answers the question fairly quickly: Jesus died to give us hope and a future. Even though the world is upset and despairing, we can choose to get peace and hope from God. 

Response: I've become aware recently of just how jargon-y the faith is sometimes. This passage (just the Bible verse, not even the devotional) uses the following concepts in tandem in about a paragraph's worth: righteousness, faith, peace, grace, glory, hope, love of God, Holy Spirit, sin. That's a lot for someone outside the faith to take in! People have written multiple books on those single words! I don't want to throw those around lightly, y'know?

That part aside, it can be pretty easy to despair. I tend to get in an anxious knot not because of news but because of just how much I have to do. School is crazy busy and so is a home life with multiple kids in activities (and a new dog) (and social events are starting back up) (and the kids are getting old enough to be invited to birthday parties) (and my yard needs taken care of) (and I need to spray my house for spiders) (and I have so much stuff to organize that Marie Kondo would barf). Okay, you get the idea. Lord, help me keep my head above water. Keep me coming back to You for Your peace and hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment