Thursday, September 2, 2021

RG: "No Shame"

Summary: Through the lens of Genesis 2, Paul Dazet contrasts man's original created and shameless form with the serpent's shaming words. He encourages the reader to live with God and without shame. 

Response: Satan, the First Slut-Shamer? But seriously. Is it a commonly-held belief that literally all the bad thoughts were from the serpent? I've read it that he planted the seed in their heads, and they found creative and interesting ways to destroy their own integrity.

But the main point–about living with God, free of shame–Mr Dazet didn't get into that too much other than "don't feel that way." And some of shame's definition is true! I am flawed, deeply so. I am incredibly unworthy of God's love and acceptance. I guess the main thing would be to embrace that grace instead of just wallowing in the pain of shame (this sounds like a bad 90s preacher, and I'm so sorry, the words just came out that way).

Lord, I recognize I'm far from perfect. Still, You call me Your child. I don't understand it, but thank You. Help me to accept Your grace and find my identity in You and not in my flaws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment