Tuesday, February 27, 2024

1 Peter 5:1-4

Summary: Summarizing himself (that: we have been chosen for God's work, that that work often looks like submitting to those around us, and that any suffering that may come will ultimately bring God glory), Peter then applies his thoughts to church leaders. He tells them to act towards those who follow them like a shepherd would with his flock: not as just a paid duty or as a lavish position of influence, but instead as a kind and helping exemplar of the faith. Peter says that this will lead to true glory, just not in this world. 

Response: I am certainly guilty of wanting those two in any amount. Lord, help me to care for those You would have me disciple. Let me see how to help, but first slow me down enough to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment