Monday, February 19, 2024

1 Peter 4:1-6

Summary: Peter talks to those who have suffered for their faith, noting their new resolve: they don't feel a need to go along with the frivolous actions of worldly people. Instead, these people, who are dead as far as the world concerns, can go on and live on God's terms. 

Response: Have I suffered for my faith? I'm a white protestant male in America. There is no blatant persecution here. (There just isn't, you can give that up.) I might overwork myself on church stuff sometimes, but it's not really suffering. 

I'm not sure I should ask to suffer. I don't want my family to be collateral, after all. But I do desire to be dead to the world, not dead to God. And sometimes I feel pushed that way. 

So, Lord, I'm going to try to be open to suffering in Your name. Help me to trust in you regardless of consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment