Thursday, February 25, 2021

Job 6:1-5

Summary: Job responds to his friend Eliphaz. He begins by ascribing his unhinged talk to his immeasurable grief (sorry, that was a lot of big words. Job talked bad because he feels really bad). But he says that, even with how bad he feels, it can't compare to how much bad stuff has happened to him. He feels like God is an overpowering army.

Response: I mean, usually I feel like my misfortune is very much only my fault, but I can understand the feeling. I know Job is setting this up for more, but I do like stopping here and acknowledging that yes, you can serve God and feel pretty bad. 

[obligatory: if you have clinical depression, that is your brain needing chemicals from medication to get you functioning. That is also okay, and you should not stop taking prescriptions thinking God will take them for you. He put psychiatrists and pharmacists on this earth for His purposes too!]

No comments:

Post a Comment