Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Job 2:11-13

Summary: Three of Job's friends come, intending to help him along with his grief. But they see him from a distance, and he looks nothing like their friend. They join in serious mourning, and sit in silence with their friend for a full week. 

Response: Sometimes I feel like our world goes too fast to properly grieve. The most recent death in our family was our fifteen-or-so-year-old cat, a true family member. We grieved as we put her to sleep, but had to be "better" in front of the kids in an hour or so. Job and friends ripped up the cloaks everyone always saw them in; Job himself shaved his head, which was unheard of. It's as if to say, the people I lost were my life; I cannot go back to being the same person without them. Which is poignant and touching. And God is with us as we grieve. Lord, help me to realize You are here with me through everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment