Friday, March 15, 2019

John 8

Summary: [There's a story about an adulterous woman brought to Jesus by the Jewish leaders during His teaching, but apparently there's a chance someone just threw it in?]

Jesus is still teaching in Jerusalem, and still getting flak from the leaders. He starts off with a cool statement ('I am the Light of the World'), and immediately has to defend Himself and His authority, which comes straight from God. Then the crowd itself starts doubting when Jesus confronts their sin, thinking Jesus must be crazy.

Response: Testimony abounds, but Jesus seems alone (even though He Himself says He isn't). And Jesus describing His Father finally comes to a head, but so many are just confused.

It's so easy for me to look at the leaders or the crowd as the other, but I have to remember I'm there more often than not. Lord, help me to see when I doubt You, and help me to work through it with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment