Tuesday, March 26, 2019

John 13

Summary: Jesus and His disciples are at dinner the night before Passover. Jesus interrupts dinner, stripping down almost to nothing like a slave and washing His disciples' feet. After debating with Peter about how washing feet isn't overkill but rightful service, Jesus then announces Judas's betrayal, just before it happens (the other disciples just think Judas is out buying groceries). Peter again opens his mouth, saying he will gladly sacrifice like Jesus; Jesus responds that Peter won't claim to even know Jesus in just a short while.

Response: Two of every three sentences from Jesus now seem to be Him testifying about His relationship to the Father. And both the foot washing (Jesus' death) and the betrayal (it's Judas, guys) aren't understood until much later.

There's a lot I don't understand (why are you all saying amen?) that God has done for me and is doing for me and will do for me. I only hope I can give my sacrifice as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment