Monday, August 16, 2021

Job 31

Summary: [hey buddy!] Our good friend Job finishes his argument by exhausting examples he has in his head of things he could've done wrong. He wracks his brain and lists out sins and consequences. He turns back on his own words frantically as he can't find one that fits this punishment. And, he stops speaking. 

Response: What I think sets Job apart in his questioning of God is that he seems always ready to accept the answer given to him. It isn't "tell me my charge, and I'll fight it tooth and nail;" it's "tell me my charge, so You can make me better." As my wise wife recently told me, "I am not the enemy!" God is not our enemy. We are a team. We work together for a common good. Lord, help me to get with Your program, to seek You and to find You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment