Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Zacchaeus French translation

For whatever reason, my kiddos have been asking me to sing their lullabies in different languages. It usually takes some googling, but "Zacchaeus but in French" got nothing useful. Still, I have a music degree and took French for a two-semesters-in-eight-weeks intensive course in college (and, most importantly, I know how to Google how to conjugate verbs), so I gave it a shot. A bit of it is wordy, but it'll do for now. Et voila!

Zacchaeus, il fut tres petit
oui, tres petit fut il
il est monté dans l'arbe érable 
donc il pourrait verra le Messie

Mais alors qu'il passe devant
la Sauveur regarda levé 
et il disait, <<Zacchaeus, descendre!
donc j'irai a ton maison aujourd'hui,
donc j'irai a ton maison aujourd'hui!>>

No comments:

Post a Comment