Monday, May 3, 2021

Job 19:1-12

Summary: Job's turn again. He is tired of his friend beating him down with their words. He finally says it straight: Job feels like God has wronged him. He feels like a besieged town to God's army; like a lost traveler to God's thorn maze; like a vine yanked out of the ground. 

Response: I don't want to be callous here or check boxes, but
- it's okay for Job to feel this way
- God can take it, He is big enough
- we know the end of the story
So it's just the takeaway. If anything, I've felt the opposite from God, that I've been well cared for and that whatever difficulties in life I encounter are either a fallen world or (more likely) my own doing. Lord, help me to rely on You, and to be a help, not a hindrance, to those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment