Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Job 1:1-5

Summary: Job is a pretty good dude. He is very blessed, with land and means and possessions and family and peace. Well, lack of war anyway. His seven sons have a habit of hosting parties, each one in turn, every day of the week, after which he purifies them before God just in case they sinned.

Response: Like any good teacher, Job didn't wait for trouble to respond to but prepared for trouble even if things looked okay. Not that he was prepared for what happened next (yes, I've read this before, hush), but that was better than a what a lot of early OT fathers seemed to do, finding their children in all sorts of messes. God, help me to watch for my kids. Help me to rejoice in my blessings while I have them, and to praise You for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment