Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Something Different: I Am In My Right Place

[From The Art of Musicianship, hornist and educator Philip Farkas:]

For many years now, just before going out to perform, I have read a little page taken from a booklet [...] that I have found to be inspiring and confidence building. [....] It will reaffirm why you are here, what your abilities are, and why yours is an exalted work.

 I Am In My Right Place
"The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me..."
                                                           - Psalm 138:8.

         I am now the person God intended me to be. I am now
fulfilling my divine destiny in perfect ways under grace. I am
here where the One has placed me, doing what He has given
me to do, in the way He has shown me to do it. When it
needs to be done in new ways, He will prompt me to do it
His way. All results are in His hand, therefore, I will rejoice
in what I do and bless the way it is done.                               

        God, who loves and appreciates me as His own expres-
sion, is everywhere evenly present, approving the work He is
doing by means of me, for He has placed Himself at the
center of every man's being. He is over all His works and
whatsoever He doeth is perfect. Nothing can be added to it
and nothing can be taken from it, for God doeth it. He will
instruct me and teach me in the way I shall go; He will guide
me with His eye.                                                              

                                                                          Anita Scofield


[So it's not perfect, but that's okay. I have openly admitted recently that I operate from a place of doubt. And it's true in some ways; I'm not often confident in my work, and I'm much more likely to be mad at myself for failures than someone else for theirs. But I'm trying to believe God when He says I'm worth it, and I think I'm getting better at that day by day.]

No comments:

Post a Comment