Monday, December 11, 2017

Psalm 119 (lamed)

Summary: The psalmist sees the Law as though it sits in heaven. It encourages him, saves him, challenges him, and escapes his full understanding but is always worth further study.

Response: It's fairly obvious by my track record here, but I have a hard time keeping a good schedule on my devotions. I try to give God the first fruits of my time, but I am often just tired waking up this early. Some days I sleep in and, by that time, kids are up.

But I love getting encouragement in this verse that I'm never done. God's word continues to be, as I've heard it put, a many-faceted jewel. Every direction you face it from has a new detail. And I know, as my life changes, that I will have new things to learn from each molecule of God's word.

I just gotta push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment