Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Psalm 95

Summary: God is shown as Creator and Ruler, worthy of all praise, but this comes with a warning. God reminds the reader/listener that He cannot abide sin and their ancestors have seen the consequences of it firsthand.

Response: I feel for God a little bit here, like a tug-of war from kindergarteners: they will sometimes keep breaking the rules and seem surprised when I have to deal consequences. So I feel like I need to work on anger at work, sure. But I am certainly guilty of that same side myself, and I'd say it's mostly about time. I waste a lot of time, on phone and computer games and sites that really are just time wasters. There's this concept of abnegation (like checking out) that can be a reason to play games, but is also what we fight against as followers of Jesus. So the fight continues, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment