Monday, July 17, 2017

Psalm 72

Summary: The psalmist prays fervently for a peaceful and prosperous reign for the new king. He notes that such splendor and abundance as he describes is only possible through God.

Response: I hear it and it sounds like David praying for Solomon. But I wonder if people who saw Jesus as King had this psalm in mind. And yet, He calls us to the work of His Kingdom, helping the oppressed and needy, sharing our personal wealth of time and goods, and praying for one another.

I'm preaching to myself as much as anyone, so that I can better do God's will. It's not always easy for me to submit to that will. I'm very comfortable and, in a way, that scares me, but I have a hard time being inauthentic about my feelings. I want to work through them so I can actually get to a new place instead of pretending for a Sunday. And I'm sorry if this seems like babbling to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment